Helpful
Replies

troubleshoot a newtork in packet tracer

Zelda
Level 1
Level 1

Hey guys,

I'm new to packet tracer,

I've simulated this network and fixed some errors with the help of the community,

the interesting thing is that when I change the settings on my initial file which contained errors it works fine and PCs can ping the internet, but as soon as I save the file and reopen pinging fails!

I've saved the configuration in the router's memory.

I've attached my final file which worked before saving but now can't ping Syd router or internet.

Could you please advise what's wrong?

Thanks in advance

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

if you use RIPv2, you need to allow traffic between the routers. Your access list 100 on the SYD-R1 router is blocking traffic. You are also not announcing all networks. Attached the revised, working file.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- For packet tracer project-questions go here : Packter tracer discussions

Tx, M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Martin L
VIP
VIP

Traffic gets to server from PCs but on the way back goes wrong way using static route; Syd does not have routes to PCs

SYD-R1#sh ip ro 192.168.202.1
% Network not in table

Looking at one of interfaces, it has ACL that is blocking necessary IP or network; can u find it ?

Regards, ML
**Please Rate All Helpful Responses **

Were you able to fix the issue?

found some ACL blocking any IP in Perth-router and fixed that but the issue perists.

Could you please be more specific and give me details?

thanks

Hello,

if you use RIPv2, you need to allow traffic between the routers. Your access list 100 on the SYD-R1 router is blocking traffic. You are also not announcing all networks. Attached the revised, working file.

Thanks for your time,

Appreciate your help,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card