tunneling using SSH port 2222

evgenie.daniel1
Level 1
Level 1

helllo

i have cisco router 860 andit has two networks: WAN 132.66.x.x

LAN 10.10.10.x

VLAN1 10.10.10.10   also DHCP

every time i want to connect to the PC on the network 10.10.10.x via SSH on Router i want to make a tunnel using port 2222.

for example i am on the network 132.66.x.x opening SSH putty and type the router's ip 10.10.10.10  or 132.66.x.x . and then after i authenticates i want to get directly to the PC 10.10.10.84 . which command i should run on the router in order to do it.

36 Replies 36

What VPN server is your organization using ? Usually VPN clients get an IP address from an internal LAN pool. If the public IP address is all they get, there is no way they can get to 10.10.10.84 directly, they must go through the public IP address of your Cisco router...

My ip of the router is 132.66.210.72 public same as vpn users. Its local ip 10.10.10.10 vlan1 also dhcp for the ubuntu pc.

Do you have any idea why after couple of days i connot connect to my router using ssh ? Only after a restart of the router i can use ssh again.

Do you have any idea why after couple of days i connot connect to my router using ssh ? Only after a restart of the router i can use ssh again.

Hello

when you say it still failing can you elaborate? 

That config should work 

1) Do your users internally/externally have ssh access already - if not then this need to setup

2) if you do have ssh access then can you successfully gain access via port 22 ?

Res

paul

Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.
This then could assist others on these forums to find a valuable answer and broadens the community’s global network.

Kind Regards
Paul

I made a restart to my devices on the LAN 10.10.10.x network and they start getting a different IP from  the DHCP 10.10.10.10 on vlan1 , different IP since the last restart. why is that? I mean i also made a restart to the Router.

here the show run:

Hello,

when you restart the router, the entire DHCP database, which is local to the router, gets cleared, so all your LAN clients will get a new DHCP address (and lease).

Is that what you are asking ?

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card