Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Umbrella VA DMZ Interface

Hi Guys,

I have an issue, we have deployed the VM with dual nic and enabled the DMZ mode. As we are using 2 NIC, Inside and outside. This setup is working fine. However, I have a challenge here, on the outside interface my network is 192.168.113.X, and in the same subnet, I have a few servers as well. I tried to pint those servers towards Umbrella VM but it's not working. Please help me to make it work or some workaround it.

Thanks,

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I think this is not only bad design but also an unsupported topology for the Umbrella VA.

The outside interface is only for internet-communication and not for incoming DNS-requests. You have to move the outside interfaces of the VAs to a dedicated DMZ without any other systems that need to use DNS-queries through the VA.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

I think this is not only bad design but also an unsupported topology for the Umbrella VA.

The outside interface is only for internet-communication and not for incoming DNS-requests. You have to move the outside interfaces of the VAs to a dedicated DMZ without any other systems that need to use DNS-queries through the VA.

Thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card