cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to configure SSH on the router

eswara_moorthy1
Level 1
Level 1

I an unable to configure the SSH on the routers. Below IOS and free space available on the currently connected flash.

c2800nm-ipbase-mz.124-15.T10.bin        33 MB  
c1841-ipbase-mz.150-1.M4.bin                 29 MB  
c1841-ipbase-mz.124-1c.bin                      15 MB  

Anyone provide me the inputs on this. How can I resolve this issue?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

The images you have do not support encryption. The image you need will have a k9 in the file name e.g., c1841-ipbasek9-mz.151-4.M10.bin.

Regards

View solution in original post

If you're low on space in flash memory then delete some of the images you're not using, or if that's still not sufficient, you can even delete the current IOS version from flash before downloading the new image. The image in flash is not used once the router is operational as the software is unzipped to system memory and runs from there.

Firstly back up the current image to an TFTP or FTP server and then run the delete flash:<filename> command to remove the image. You can then copy the new image, change the boot variable and reload.

Regards

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

The images you have do not support encryption. The image you need will have a k9 in the file name e.g., c1841-ipbasek9-mz.151-4.M10.bin.

Regards

Thanks for your update. As per your suggestion I have tried but not possible.

1. I do not have enough free space on the router, so that could I able to downgrade the IOS version.

Example , I have c1841-ipbase-mz.150-1.M4.bin, I need c1841-ipbasek9-mz.124-15.T2.bin.

Is this possible, I need your assistance on this.

If you're low on space in flash memory then delete some of the images you're not using, or if that's still not sufficient, you can even delete the current IOS version from flash before downloading the new image. The image in flash is not used once the router is operational as the software is unzipped to system memory and runs from there.

Firstly back up the current image to an TFTP or FTP server and then run the delete flash:<filename> command to remove the image. You can then copy the new image, change the boot variable and reload.

Regards

I need one clarification, Can i do this on live router? Is this not impacted production ?

If yes, Kindly provide me the steps. Because I was not doing like this re-imaging as before.

Thank you for your great assistance!!!!!!!!

Hi,

I presume you're saying you don't have enough space in flash to store the images. Can you post the output of a show flash: from your routers?

If you have multiple IOS images in the flash then first delete any that you're not using with the delete flash:<filename> command. If you still don't have enough space you can delete all the images, including the one that you're currently running. The flash memory is not used after the router boots as it unzips the image to system memory.

Regards

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card