cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unable to ping directly connected IP on Cisco ISR 4351

Adnan Khan
Level 4
Level 4

I am not able to ping IP which is directly connected to next router P2P but i can see the ARP is completed.

4 Replies 4

Richard Burts
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

We do not have enough information about this situation to be able to give good advice. Please provide better explanation of the situation. Is this ping router interface to other router interface or ping device connected to router to device connected to other router? Please provide configuration of both router interfaces. (Even better would be to provide complete current running config from both routers)

HTH

Rick

ISR 4351 router have configured with public IP /30 and cannot ping with neighbor ISP router directly connecting. It was able to ping before. I see ARP is completed and internet traffic is also passing through and Natting is also performing.

It is interesting that ping used to work but now does not. If arp is successful and if Internet traffic is passing successfully it suggests that the ISP may have made changes in their security policy to deny ping to their router. I suggest that you contact the ISP and request verification of this.

HTH

Rick

I can not open link you share, 
please we need more detail 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card