Views
Helpful
Replies

update my router Cisco ISR4431/K9

chaterayoub1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I'm using cisco ISR4431/K9 (1RU) processor with the IOS XE Software, Version 03.16.04b.S - Extended Support Release

Cisco IOS Software, ISR Software (X86_64_LINUX_IOSD-UNIVERSALK9-M), Version 15.5(3)S4b, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)

System image file is "bootflash:isr4400-universalk9.03.16.04b.S.155-3.S4b-ext.SPA.bin"

My problem : 

Is this version of software indicated for the realization of an interface Bridge domain or it is necessary to make an update? If yes can u tell what version should I download?

I hope you can help me.

Thanks for your time.

1 Reply 1

eric.ahernandez
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

As far as I know there shouldn't be a problem in configuring bridge-domains with that IOS version, it does not limit that capability, have you tried configuring and ran into a problem?

Another thing, that version you have seems to be a deferred release and is from like 2016, so I would recommend upgrading to one of the more recent Cisco recommended versions for more stability.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: