cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

URGENT - 1841 dual WAN interf routing config issue

bsallison
Level 1
Level 1

I have attached the confg from my 1841 router. Previously had 1 WAN connection on FA0/1. I have added a WIC-1ADSL module and believe it to be up & running as Dialer0.

Now what I would like to do is take all Citrix traffic (port 1494) and route it inbound & outbound through the Dialer0 interface which has an IP of 67.41.95.91. Inside Citrix server device is 10.2.1.4.

How do I setup routing exclusively for port 1494 traffic to allow inbound on Dialer0 and then make sure when Citrix server (10.2.1.4) responds that traffic goes outbound through Dialer0?

1 Reply 1

tcordier
Level 1
Level 1

You can use Policy Based Routing (PBR) for this. The standard configuration would be similar to this:

1) Define an ACL for Citrix traffic:

access-list 101 permit tcp any any eq 1492

(you can enhance this with your specific IP addresses instead of "any").

2) Define a route-map:

route-map Policy_Citrix permit 10

match ip address 101

set ip next-hop dialer0 f0/1

route-map Policy_Citrix permit 20

(this will send the Citrix traffic to dialer0, and if dialer0 is unavailable, to f0/1)

3) Define policy routing on your LAN interface (where the Citrix traffic originates:

ip policy route-map Policy_Citrix

You can also add more intelligence to PBR by tracking the reachability of certain IP routes (see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6599/products_white_paper09186a00800a4409.shtml).

This will only redirect inbound (from your remote LAN to the Citrix server) traffic. You need a similar PBR configuration on the router which routes the traffic from the Citrix server back to the remote LAN.

HTH, Thomas

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card