Views
Helpful
Replies

Verizon EHWIC no SMS commands available

paravis02
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

I decided to configure some SMS-related functions with my Verizon EHWIC (with 1901 router), but none of the commands specified in the documentation are available for me.

The device is configured, data is working, and the plan is active. All of the basics are taken care of. What could I be missing?

Thanks for your help.

3 Replies 3

Daniel Mangan
Level 1
Level 1

Did you end up resolving this? I have the same problem with a 1941w running 15.2(4)M6. Everything is fine, except there are no  LTE SMS commands available under the controller configuration section at all.

Hey there Daniel, yes I did.  I ended up having to call my vendor regarding the issue ... Seems that 15.2 is insufficient.  You will need version 15.3(3) of IOS in order to gain this functionality.

I really struggled to find the information and it was a last resort to pay for help.  So my apologies for not posting my resolution.  I am surprised that there are hardly any specifics available that detail these things.

It seems logical that simply purchasing the EHWIC should provide you with access to the IOS version(s) that ensure its full functionality.  But I guess that really is not the case.

Good luck.

~Laz

Thanks Laz, appreciate that.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card