Views
Helpful
Replies

VFR Routeing between directly connected networks

brasso_42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a VRF which has 3 directly connected networks. Each network can route to each other, however I want X to route to Y and Z to route to Y.

How can I stop X routing to Z?

Thanks

Si

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

Did I understood that you have a PE with one VRF (say TEST1) and have 3 interfaces configured as part of this VRF?. And you are looking for way to have network X allowed to Y but not to Z. Similarly Z is allowed to talk to Y but not to X?.

If so,  X, Y and Z are CE devices or is it just stub networks?.

If it is stub networks, you have to use ACL and filter the traffic inbound at interface connecting X and Y networks.

If it is CE you may try using differnet routing protocol or different process (for instance OSPF) and limit the redistribution.

HTH,

Nagendra

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would think you're going to want to look at import maps under the vrf. You can specify which routes you want to import into the vrf. It's basically a policy map identifying the networks you want. I haven't tested but I believe this is what you'll want.

Hth,
John

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

Did I understood that you have a PE with one VRF (say TEST1) and have 3 interfaces configured as part of this VRF?. And you are looking for way to have network X allowed to Y but not to Z. Similarly Z is allowed to talk to Y but not to X?.

If so,  X, Y and Z are CE devices or is it just stub networks?.

If it is stub networks, you have to use ACL and filter the traffic inbound at interface connecting X and Y networks.

If it is CE you may try using differnet routing protocol or different process (for instance OSPF) and limit the redistribution.

HTH,

Nagendra

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card