Views
Helpful
Replies

VFR Routeing between directly connected networks

brasso_42
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a VRF which has 3 directly connected networks. Each network can route to each other, however I want X to route to Y and Z to route to Y.

How can I stop X routing to Z?

Thanks

Si

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

Did I understood that you have a PE with one VRF (say TEST1) and have 3 interfaces configured as part of this VRF?. And you are looking for way to have network X allowed to Y but not to Z. Similarly Z is allowed to talk to Y but not to X?.

If so,  X, Y and Z are CE devices or is it just stub networks?.

If it is stub networks, you have to use ACL and filter the traffic inbound at interface connecting X and Y networks.

If it is CE you may try using differnet routing protocol or different process (for instance OSPF) and limit the redistribution.

HTH,

Nagendra

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I would think you're going to want to look at import maps under the vrf. You can specify which routes you want to import into the vrf. It's basically a policy map identifying the networks you want. I haven't tested but I believe this is what you'll want.

Hth,
John

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Simon,

Did I understood that you have a PE with one VRF (say TEST1) and have 3 interfaces configured as part of this VRF?. And you are looking for way to have network X allowed to Y but not to Z. Similarly Z is allowed to talk to Y but not to X?.

If so,  X, Y and Z are CE devices or is it just stub networks?.

If it is stub networks, you have to use ACL and filter the traffic inbound at interface connecting X and Y networks.

If it is CE you may try using differnet routing protocol or different process (for instance OSPF) and limit the redistribution.

HTH,

Nagendra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: