cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VPN client and Firewall issues

MrSeagull
Level 1
Level 1

I'm dealing with an odd issue affecting one of our laptops. The user initially reported an inability to access their docked laptop via Remote Desktop from a different machine on the LAN. After investigating the machine, we were unable to ping it, or access anything else remotely. The laptop itself has no problem access the internet or networked resources. It seemed as if all inbound traffic was being blocked.

After seeing an error in the Event viewer, Application logs, reporting a problem with a "TrueVector" service, I tried uninstalling the VPN client (The exact version escapes me, but it was in the 4.X range) and afterwards, the problem went away. Remote Desktop was able to connect, and we could ping the machine.

After installing a newer version of the client, 5.X, the problem resurfaced. I've since removed the software until a solution can be found. Has anyone seen this sort of problem before? Would anyone know a solution?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this the Cisco VPN Client? If so, install the client again and make sure the stateful firewall isn't on. It's under Options/Stateful firewall. If it's checked, the client doesn't have to be open to block traffic.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

John Blakley
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is this the Cisco VPN Client? If so, install the client again and make sure the stateful firewall isn't on. It's under Options/Stateful firewall. If it's checked, the client doesn't have to be open to block traffic.

HTH,

John

HTH, John *** Please rate all useful posts ***

That was it, thank you.

I'm not sure how that got turned on.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card