cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1 cisco 1921 support E1 unframed ?

santos_ligeiro
Level 1
Level 1

VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1

I have one card on cisco 1921 and i need to configure this to interface with SDH using E1 and the other side i have one Router connected in Datacom modem.

Router Cisco 1921 (VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1)  ===> SDH Hauwei <===========> SDH Hauwei =====> Modem Datacom ==> Cisco 2911 (HWIC-2T)

Router Cisco 1921

c1900-universalk9-mz.SPA.154-3.M3.bin

VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1

anyone can help with cli command ?

This type of topology works ? 

I tryed to configuring unframe E1 but it does not accepted the commands.

ex: 

Router(config-controller)#channel-group 0 unframed
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if this thread can help :

https://community.cisco.com/t5/routing/configuration-assistance-required-for-cisco-1841-serial/td-p/1881042

M.

-- ' 'Good body every evening' ' this sentence was once spotted on a logo at the entrance of a Weight Watchers Club !

Marce1000,

In my case i have two type of interface (VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1 and HWIC-2T) in each site and i would like establish communication beetwen them with HDLC protocol.

I think that i need do a unchannalized configuration on module VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1 with command:  "channel-group 0 unframed" , but it is not working.

Does anyone have any ideia how it works ?

How can i do this kind of the configuration ?

Router Cisco 1921 (VWIC3-2MFT-T1/E1)  ===> SDH Hauwei <===========> SDH Hauwei =====> Modem Datacom ==> Cisco 2911 (HWIC-2T)

Hello @santos_ligeiro ,

if you have SDH ADM in the middle you can use a framed E1

controller e1 0/0

channel-group 1 1-15,17-31

timeslot 16 is the control channel D  and timeslot 32 is used for framing.

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Hello Giuseppe Larosa

In my case I do not have access to SDH , however i will speak to responsible person about this kind of configuration on SDH.

BUT Is there another way to solve this problem just by configuring the Cisco Rotuers?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card