I have an asa 5545-x cluster with running version 9.12(2) and this is the default gateway for all vlans. Now I would like to wake up some clients from our distribution server in vlan 5 with ip address 192.168.5.20 some client in vlan 10 192.168.10.0/24
Does anybody know a working solution for this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
The discussion in the link provided by @marce1000 is an interesting discussion. But unfortunately it did not find a solution. And the environment in that discussion had 2 firewalls, with server connected to one firewall and client connected to a different firewall. If I am understanding the original post correctly this has a single ASA and both subnets are connected to the same ASA.
We do not yet have enough detail about this situation to be able to give good advice. Would you provide these things:
- what is the IP address, mask, and gateway for the server?
- what interface on the ASA is it connected to? what is the security level of that interface? what security policies are associated with that interface? what address translation is configured for that host/subnet?
- what is the IP address, mask, and gateway for the client?
- what interface on the ASA is the client connected to? what is the security level of that interface? what security policies are associated with that interface? what address translation is configured for that host/subnet?
- what protocol port is the server using for WOL? is the server sending the WOL packet to the specific address of the client? to the subnet broadcast of the client? as a local broadcast which needs to be forwarded to the client?
Sorry for the delay. There is no NAT configured between this subnets and the server is sending a broadcast for WOL.
VLAN 50 (Server)
Software Distribution Server=192.168.50.20
VLAN 10 (Clients)