cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN Network Expansion requirement

junshah22
Level 1
Level 1

I want to expand my company network upto 370 remote users. currently only 10 users can connect with my ERP system. to do so, I have configured IPSec VPN on Cisco 2811 router and I have added a third party link load balancer in front of it to add 2 internet connections for load balancing,

I want to ensure that whether this system will be well enough for 370 users or I need to upgrade my Router or add any other device, I want to implement best technology for smooth network availability

1 Reply 1

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Disclaimer

The Author of this posting   offers the information contained within this posting without    consideration and with the reader's understanding that there's no       implied or expressed suitability or fitness for any purpose.     Information provided is for informational purposes only and should not    be construed as rendering professional advice of any kind.  Usage of    this posting's information is solely at reader's own risk.

Liability Disclaimer

In   no event shall Author be liable for any damages whatsoever  (including,   without limitation, damages for loss of use, data or  profit) arising  out  of the use or inability to use the posting's  information even if  Author  has been advised of the possibility of such  damage.

Posting

With routers, it's not so much number of users but how much traffic will be processed by the router.  Only if you accurately know usage per user could we somewhat accurately answer your question.

However, if your 10 users do represent same load, per user, as expected for the additional 370 users, we might estimate you need 40x your current router's processing level.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card