Views
Helpful
Replies

WAN Solution

kaushal.pawan
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

I have to WAN Link i.e 10 Mbps and 50 Mbps configured on my cisco router . 

But i want to use both link after some interval of time like 30 min. ISP 1 link is used and after 30 min ISP 2 Link will be used 

is there any configuration on cisco that i can configure like this 

4 Replies 4

Hi

I would like to understand the question, do you want to enable the second link after 30min it is Up to have both links at the same time?

Is there any reason to have down one of them? 

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

i would like have both links up. But after 30 min ISP 2 link will be used and after another 30 min ISP 1 link is used for accessing the internet (all traffic will be auto shifted through ISP 2)

But i would not like to do it with the Time based ACL  as if either ISP is down users are not able to access internet 

The reason behind it i  have to show the usage of both links as ISP 2 link is backup link

I understand, I think the best way to implement it is using EEM script + Cron, the script must be adjusted to your requirements, I recommend first test it during a maintenance windows in order to verify the behavior of the traffic. 

Please check this link:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/10506581/eem-script-scheduling-can-i-run-script-certain-time

>> Marcar como útil o contestado, si la respuesta resolvió la duda, esto ayuda a futuras consultas de otros miembros de la comunidad. <<

Joseph W. Doherty
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As Julio has suggested, a reoccurring EEM script could "toggle" between your ports.

However, if your device supports PfR, you could use both links and load them in a 5:1 ratio, i.e. the same as their bandwidths.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card