Views
Helpful
Replies

we bought cisco devices, however we dont have CCO

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Folks

we have bought many Cisco devices from a gold partner , but still dont have a CCO account in order to download files from cisco.com and even browse the configurator to configure the devices with prices,what should i do to obtain this CCO.pls folks mentioned step by step

3 Replies 3

Reza Sharifi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi,

In order to have a CCO account, you need to have SmartNet contract with Cisco for your devices.If you purchased devices from a partner, then talk to them about warranty and services.  Usually, Cisco devices come with one year warranty out of the box and that will entitle you to get a CCO account..

HTH

Reza

hobbe
Level 7
Level 7

Hi

Well first off

A CCO account does not entitle you to download files and stuff. Anyone can get a CCO account bu just applying to cisco.

However to be able to download files and stuff you need a valid service contract associated (attached) to your CCO account.

Different types of contracts enable different types of access on the same cco account.

There are several different types of contract but the two I think are most common is either a smartnet wich is a contract direct with cisco, or a service contract with your gold partner who then in its turn has a contract with cisco.

Either way (and this part I do not know if it have changed or if it differs in different parts of the world) atleast here in sweden you have 160 days from manufacturing of the equipment, or as a general rule 90 days from the shipping of the equipment from dist. and if you call the persons you have bought the equipment from you will always get the latest software that is available AT THE SHIPPING DATE if you want that. ie you can not call the people and ask for a new software a year later. or rather you can, but then they will sell it to you an you will have to pay for the software update. I think its called one time software upgrade or something like that and they are quite expensive.

so what should you do ?

well if I where you I would call my goldpartner and ask them for a cco account and they will provide you with one who have the correct contracts associated with it. especially if you have a contract with them for software and hardware replacement.

Normaly that would take a week or so and should cost nothing.

Good luck

thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card