cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What to do with an old AGS+ router?

Bill_Cisco_id
Level 1
Level 1

I have a working AGS+ from around 1992. I dont have the storage area to keep it any more. Does anybody know if its worth anything? If yes - how to sell it? or should I just toss it?

Thanks!

here is a picture

cisco_ags.jpg

7 Replies 7

pman
Spotlight
Spotlight

Yes, definitely, can you please elaborate a bit on the background story of the product?
How did he get to you? Who did he serve and for what purpose?

The kind of stuff you can't find for sale because no one sells.

https://www.recycledgoods.com/cisco-ags-asm-cisco-ags-asm/

The history of the AGS+ is: In the year 2000 I obtained a CCNA job with at a large financial company (east coast USA). This AGS was being thrown out (in 2001) since they had upgraded to newer hardware. They gave it to me since I was building a home lab to study for CCNP etc. I’ve just kept it in our basement storage since then.

Hello,

I just checked Ebay, none of these are offered there. You could give it a try, it can obviously be used for practice purposes only.

yes its more of a historical collection item than a working networking device.

Harold Ritter
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi @Bill_Cisco_id ,

Wow!! I haven't seen one of these for a long time. I took a CCIE preparation class in the late nineties and we used the AGS+. Physical deep switches to set the config register!  That brings back good memories.

Thanks for sharing the picture. As others suggested, you can probably find a happy taker on eBay.

Regards,

Harold Ritter
Sr Technical Leader
CCIE 4168 (R&S, SP)
harold@cisco.com
México móvil: +52 1 55 8312 4915
Cisco México
Paseo de la Reforma 222
Piso 19
Cuauhtémoc, Juárez
Ciudad de México, 06600
México

davidbombal
Level 1
Level 1

Do you still have this? I would be interested in buying this from you (or you can donate it for a YouTube video if you prefer?) 

Could you e-mail me david (at) davidbombal.com to discuss a price etc? Or as others have suggested, list on eBay as others may also be interested.

Thanks!

David

g4mbit
Level 1
Level 1

Hello @Bill_Cisco_id I'm wondering if you still have this router? I'm interested in buying it. Thanks!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card