cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Why is ASR1000 series router showing 100/42 port

rawatrajesh
Level 1
Level 1

I was running through my ASR-1000 series router configuration kept at remote data-center and observe that i see 100/0/42 whereas multiple sub-interface are created against port number 42.

When I check my physical ports i could not find port number 42.

Moreover when i verified the data-sheet of ASR-1000, it shows that modules available support maximum of 40 ports.

Then how is that i am getting port number 42 on my router? Can someone please help identifying.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The platform that you are running is ASR9k and not ASR1k. Also, the ports that you are seeing are satellite links. the reason that you are seeing 100/0/0/42 and other interfaces is because of below configuration:

nv
satellite 100
type asr9000v
description CHCGILTCHU6_100
!
You can refer to the below command guide for reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/nV/command/reference/b-nv-cr-asr9k/b-nV-cr-asr9k_chapter_01.html

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks
--Vinit

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Vinit Jain
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi 

Could you please share the show platform output and running configuration in a file.

Thanks
--Vinit

Open in notepad++

The platform that you are running is ASR9k and not ASR1k. Also, the ports that you are seeing are satellite links. the reason that you are seeing 100/0/0/42 and other interfaces is because of below configuration:

nv
satellite 100
type asr9000v
description CHCGILTCHU6_100
!
You can refer to the below command guide for reference:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/asr9000/software/nV/command/reference/b-nv-cr-asr9k/b-nV-cr-asr9k_chapter_01.html

Hope this answers your question.

Thanks
--Vinit

Thanks Vinit for the clarification.

How do I find which physical port is it?

Please omit my earlier question. I kind-off found out the physical port in the configuration against which the satellite port is mapped.

Thanks for your help.

Please omit my earlier question. I kind-off found out the physical port in the configuration against which the satellite port is mapped.

Thanks for your help.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card