cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

WS-X45-SUP8-E QoS

sgt2111usmc
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer that recently went from a Sup6 to a Sup8 on a 4506-E. 

The problem I'm having and have a TAC case open for since Setpember is QoS implementation.  When I apply QoS on a layer 3 WAN interface the WAN connection acts like someone took the dial turned down the speed.  No errors, no packet loss, no explination on what is going on.  I'm not even close to being a QoS expert, but I sure wouldn't expect something like this to happen.  The customer is currenlty not using VoIP ( will be used later down the road), the issues mainly telepresence, but it's not limited to just that.   While remoted from one PC to another, when QoS is implemented, the remote session even gets lost.  I'm not sure who the currenlty provider is  at this time and I'm waiting for an answer.  I know there could be a possiblitly they could be the issue as well. I'll post the information once it's received.  

I'm currenlty running IOS 3.3.2 and the recommended is IOS 3.6.3.  I'm not finding specific reasons to do an upgrade at this time 

Even though TAC is working on the issue I'm reaching out to see if anybody else may have had the same scenerio, suggestions, ideas, that I can help troubleshoot.

BUELLER???

0 Replies 0
Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card