cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Choose one of the topics below for SD-WAN Resources to help you on your journey with SD-WAN

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC!
We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

ASAv instance size on AWS

Hello,

I'm engaged in a project where we need to NAT an unusually large number of IP addresses out of AWS (~300).  Our current datacenter solution is Cisco ASA and we'd like to use ASAv in AWS to maintain consistency.

Unfortunately, AWS restricts the number of IP addresses per interface:

https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/using-eni.html

With the largest instance size available (c5.4xlarge) I've been able to validate that I can have 8 interfaces and "max" out at 210 IPs (by having one inside interface and 7 outside interfaces).

Are there any plans to support larger instances sizes (specifically c5.18xlarge) with ASAv?

If not, are there any suggestions for alternatives?  I attempted using a CSR but its largest available size is c5.9xlarge.

Also, as a current Cisco customer, do I have any avenues to discuss our challenge? i.e. a way to engage the product team?

I did try launching the ASAv marketplace image and increasing its size but it is restricted by the marketplace definition:

ASAv_AWS.png

Thanks for any assistance!

0 REPLIES 0