cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Bootstrapping C8Kv certificate issue.

Caleb Panahon
Level 1
Level 1

Can somebody help me identify what's causing this weird issue please. I'm onboarding C8Kv using bootstrap configuration on "Configuration Group Template" and I noticed that its getting stuck at this "Certificate status"

CalebPanahon_1-1685082184074.png

The wan edge have control connections to vManage and vBond but NOT on vSmarts resulting to NO OMP peering being established.

CalebPanahon_2-1685082623355.png

My workaround is doing a "Renew Device CSR".

CalebPanahon_3-1685082756394.png

FYI I'm not facing this issue if I'm doing the bootstrapping on "Device Templates"

Thank you.

3 Replies 3

Hi,

what settings do you have for cloud (i.e virtual) device certificate option?

Based on provided information and outputs, device don't have certificate for overlay (at initial stage for connecting to vbond and vManage it is not required). Go to administration - settings and check for below option (most probably enterprise CA is selected):

KananHuseynli_0-1685085914276.png

Meanwhile, please share show sdwan control connections and show sdwan control local-properties from router.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Hi Kanan - Thank you for taking your time to reply.

Below is the output of control connections and local-properties

CalebPanahon_0-1685090575759.png

CalebPanahon_1-1685090594983.png

On the Administration Settings

CalebPanahon_2-1685090634006.png

Ok, as I mentioned you don't have certificate for device. However, it is automated based on configuration.

Let's check in certificate section. Get chassis number from "show sdwan local-properties | inc chassis" output and search configuration > certificates > wan edge list

Please, provide all lines of show sdwan local-properties and screen from vmanage gui from cert section (after searching)

Btw, is it lab or production?

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card