cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN ISSUE

caoliveira
Level 1
Level 1
guys I have a problem with an ISR-4331 router that I'm creating an environment, when I create the sub interface and I'm going to commit it complains about the MTU

ERROR THAT IS APPEARING vpn 1 interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1.28 mtu': Please configure ip mtu 4 bytes less than parent interface (GigabitEthernet0/0/1) ip mtu (1500)

interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1
mtu 1504
no ip address
no ip redirects
load-interval 30
negotiation auto
arp timeout 1200
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/0/1.28
encapsulation dot1Q 28
vrf forwarding 1
ip address 10.33.28.1 255.255.255.252
no ip redirects
ip mtu 1500
ip nbar protocol-discovery
arp timeout 1200

This is the configuration I am tried to include, I can add only the interface configuration, when I try to include the sub interface
the error shows up
2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

configure ip mtu for subinterface to be 1496.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

Additional info: What is interesting is new configuration mode (configuration group and feature profile) even does not require this settings. I have just added subinterface to service-side VPN (without touching parent physical interface) and it is accepted and it works:

Example from CLI:

interface GigabitEthernet2
no ip address
speed 1000
no negotiation auto
!
interface GigabitEthernet2.10
encapsulation dot1Q 10
vrf forwarding 10
ip address 10.1.1.254 255.255.255.0
no ip redirects
arp timeout 1200

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

It seems you hit the bug CSCvu33358

Hi,

configure ip mtu for subinterface to be 1496.

HTH,

I was allowed to add the MTU 1496, but I still haven't uploaded the router to the environment, I'm going to test it, in the other environments I managed to configure the MTU normally so I think it's a BUG from the box, but thanks for the help

Additional info: What is interesting is new configuration mode (configuration group and feature profile) even does not require this settings. I have just added subinterface to service-side VPN (without touching parent physical interface) and it is accepted and it works:

Example from CLI:

interface GigabitEthernet2
no ip address
speed 1000
no negotiation auto
!
interface GigabitEthernet2.10
encapsulation dot1Q 10
vrf forwarding 10
ip address 10.1.1.254 255.255.255.0
no ip redirects
arp timeout 1200

HTH,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card