Helpful
Replies

can i see route changes in vmanage

mulholland
Level 1
Level 1

folks

i have a cml lab with two vedges, both with dual links to wan

i have put a wan emulator on one link and configured lots of jitter, latency and loss to see if i can get some stats on when the vsmart detects the issue and tells the vedges to route over a different path

i have a few questions

- is there somewhere in vmanage that shows me routing have changed or what the routing path is

- does the change to a better route happen automatically or do i have to configure some metrics for this to happen

thanks to anyone taking the time to reply, it's greatly appreciated

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
By default without any policy, it routes based on destination. Tunnel quality won’t have impact. To make it application aware and route based on tunnel loss jitter latency, you need apply application aware routing. It is centralized policy being configured on vSmart, and being applied on fabric wide. Once the policy is configured, edge will monitor the tunnel quality using BFD in the configured interval. If tunnel quality violate the defined SLA, edge will automatically switch to other tunnel based on defined policy. You could see the tunnel change notifications on local syslog or from vManage.
You can find the application aware routing policy configuration guide from link below

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/SDWAN/cisco-sdwan-application-aware-routing-deploy-guide.html

HTH,
Lei Tian

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Lei Tian
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
By default without any policy, it routes based on destination. Tunnel quality won’t have impact. To make it application aware and route based on tunnel loss jitter latency, you need apply application aware routing. It is centralized policy being configured on vSmart, and being applied on fabric wide. Once the policy is configured, edge will monitor the tunnel quality using BFD in the configured interval. If tunnel quality violate the defined SLA, edge will automatically switch to other tunnel based on defined policy. You could see the tunnel change notifications on local syslog or from vManage.
You can find the application aware routing policy configuration guide from link below

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/SDWAN/cisco-sdwan-application-aware-routing-deploy-guide.html

HTH,
Lei Tian

lei tian

many thanks for your reply, it's greatly appreciated

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card