cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Catalyst SD-WAN (onboarding cEdge Catalyst 8300)

Hello, I have a problem when I do the following:

When I onboarding cEdge I get the following error.

All other things like Certificates work fine.

cEdge2-KM4-.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

Hi,

you have physical hardware and this command is not supported (it is relevant for vedge-cloud ; csr1k ; c8k virtual).

You don't need this command during physical hardware onboarding, because of your device already has Cisco signed certificate. Just if you have enterprise CA option for controller certificates, then upload root certificate of controllers so while router authorizes controllers router will accept controller certificate.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Thanks Kanan

It required adding the following command to all controllers (vBond, vSmart, and vManage):

request vedge add chassis-num xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx serial-num xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now cEdge works as expected

Normally, you don't need this step. You should download serial list from Cisco PNP portal, upload to vManage and push certificate list to controllers via vManage GUI. Then all controllers will have authorization info (chassiss-num and cert serial number OR chassis-num and token).

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Hi Kenan, thanks again
Do you have any documents or guides for this process please, because there are no solid sources

This is onboarding guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/SDWAN/sdwan-wan-edge-onboarding-deploy-guide-2020nov.pdf

Certifications related guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/SDWAN/cisco-sdwan-controller-cert-deploy-guide.html

HTH,