Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CISCO SD WAN USE CASE ON MPLS2L HUB SPOKE TOPOLOGY

Hi team

I wanted to ask a question about a design
  • Currently tcustomer has a total of 50 locations, they use a hub and spoke type topology (They are equipment 4331 and 4321, the customer wants to use their equipment until 2028.)
  • 25 with a layer 2 MPLS link that connects it to its DC that allows all access to the internet and some security feat...
  • 25 branches with at least 2 or 3 links (mpls, lte or inet).

Our question is specifically about these 25 branches with MPLS layer 2 links

In this case, is it necessary to upgrade the memories from 4GB of RAM to 8GB of RAM?
I think not, because since the security features will run on a hub (C8500) on the DC of the customer since they only have layer 2 point-to-point links, without the possibility of adding internet or lte...

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

default RAM is OK if you will not use more features like DRE/ NGFW etc.

For normal routing it is enough.

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/appqoe/ios-xe-17/appqoe-book-xe/m-integration-of-dre-with-cisco-sd-wan-tcp-optimization.pdf

You can use this chapter

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Hi,

default RAM is OK if you will not use more features like DRE/ NGFW etc.

For normal routing it is enough.

HTH,

Hello
Really, thank you very much for answering this, it helped me a lot, I was somewhat stuck here!

Do you know how much RAM I need for DRE?
Do you have any matrix?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/appqoe/ios-xe-17/appqoe-book-xe/m-integration-of-dre-with-cisco-sd-wan-tcp-optimization.pdf

You can use this chapter

HTH,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card