cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco SDWAN - MPLS Transport

Caleb Panahon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco Community, I'm trying to resolve what is happening on my home lab cisco sdwan.

My MPLS Transport is saying "Operation state is DOWN" and true enough NO BFD sessions and TLOC being generated from this interface.

CalebPanahon_1-1674460057063.png

My controllers can be reach from this interface via default static route using gold and green NAT.

CalebPanahon_2-1674460228322.png

Here is my topology.

CalebPanahon_3-1674460259307.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Dan Frey - Yes that is right. I did not create a direct internet connectivity on mpls transport. Ok I will try your suggestion and will let you know. Thank you very much for this helpful information. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Dan Frey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

By default every transport interface in VPN 0 must have a connection to the SDWAN controllers.   The topology view you provided appears like the MPLS transport going to the right does not have connections to the controllers on the left?   If that is true you can update the MPLS interface (under tunnel-interface) with "max-control-connections 0".   This command will force the other two transports (gold, green)  that can connect to the controllers to send the MPLS interface TLOC info to the controllers.

Hi @Dan Frey - Yes that is right. I did not create a direct internet connectivity on mpls transport. Ok I will try your suggestion and will let you know. Thank you very much for this helpful information. 

This is now resolved after setting max-control-connections 0 on mpls transport. Thank you so much.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card