Replies

Cloud OnRamp SaaS - AWS

Daniel Lucas
Level 1
Level 1

In the Cloud OnRamp configuration guide it states:

"Cloud onRamp for SaaS supports the following enterprise applications:

• Amazon Web Service (AWS)"

Cnsidering AWS can be used to host numerous web applications, what does this mean exactly? For example I have customer who's ERP system is hosted in AWS - could the OnRamp feature be used to help monitor performance of this application? How is it exactly calculating quality of experience for AWS?

-Thanks

2 Replies 2

Rami Ibrahim
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Daniel,

Cloud onRamp for SaaS measures the performance of the chosen SaaS app from all available exits of the branch edge (vedge will calculate a score from 0-10 vQoE score), then the fabric intelligently choose the "best-performing" path and route SaaS app over it.

vEdge probe the designated SaaS app using HTTP requests over every transport, over 2-minites window the average latency and loss for that application will be calculated to provide the vedge with the statistics needed to make the intelligent forwarding decision (Highest vQoE path's score will be chosen).

Regards,

Thanks for the response,

I understand that part - what I am not understanding is what is it exactly probing when it says 'AWS'? Specific SaaS applications I understand because there are certain URLs that are being used like with Office365. But a generic term like 'Amazon AWS' doesn't explain what exactly what is being monitored. In the case of IOS-XE devices, is it using NBAR to determine an Amazon AWS application, extracts the URL it observes, and probes that?

My ultimate question is if I am utilizing a web application hosted in AWS - will this SaaS OnRamp feature work for that application?

-Thanks

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card