Views
Helpful
Replies

DR in AWS cloud across regions using Vmanage standalone node

ravi310859
Level 1
Level 1

Hi 

I do have some queries related to DR deployment in AWS cloud .

I have gone through the Cisco documents for Vmanage DR deployment, and all the documents mentioned the cluster formation to achieve DR

My requirement is I want to keep standalone node in two different regions and want to achieve DR from it. Is it possible ? or making cluster in each region is the only option to achieve vManage DR.

Is there is any document related to creation of DR using standalone node. Please share the link

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Underlying network does not matter, if there is IP/Port reachability between other controllers and vManage ; Edge routers and vManage.

Most probably, your cloud instances have public IP address and are reachable from internet. So, over internet they will communicate in any case

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Hi,

you can have HA with active/ cold standby. There will not be any sync or pairing between two nodes. You will just pre-prepare the second vmanage and in case of issue, you will implement disaster recovery procedure. This should be done manually.

In basic form, the second vmanage transport interface will be shutdown. When DR should be implemented, you will need to restore config database in the second vmanage using backed up DB from the first vmanage, and un-shut transport interface.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/knowledge-base/knowledge-base-book.html

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Dear Kanan,

Is it applicable if v Manage(Standalone) are deployed in two different regions? 

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

Underlying network does not matter, if there is IP/Port reachability between other controllers and vManage ; Edge routers and vManage.

Most probably, your cloud instances have public IP address and are reachable from internet. So, over internet they will communicate in any case

HTH,

Hi Kanan,

Thanks for your prompt response.

Can I achieve Automation for failover and data replication by using Arbitrator in case of Standalone vManage DC-DR setup. In cluster mode it is achievable, I am aware of it.
Please share the document link also If any.

Thanks & Regards

Ravi

You can only do by using custom script that will do all required checks (+detection of vManage failure) and actions, which should be normally done manually by administrator.

HTH,

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card