cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Announcements

Choose one of the topics below for SD-WAN Resources to help you on your journey with SD-WAN

This community is for technical, feature, configuration and deployment questions.
For production deployment issues, please contact the TAC!
We will not comment or assist with your TAC case in these forums.

Views
Helpful
Replies
Highlighted
Beginner

Failed to attach template to C1111-8PLTEWEA "Device failed to process request. null"

Hi

I am trying to attach a feature template to n an C1111-8PLTEEAWE running 16.12.03 IOS-XE SDWAN. Controllers are running version 19.2.2. I manually configured the cisco router and it has sucessfully built control connections to the controllers. Now, I want to change it to vManage mode and I have prepared a simple feature template with only the basic config. I keep getting this error and couln't find any way to get around it.

[6-Jul-2020 10:40:41 CEST] Configuring device with feature template: basic_wired_v1.0
[6-Jul-2020 10:40:41 CEST] Generating configuration from template
[6-Jul-2020 10:40:44 CEST] Checking and creating device in vManage
[6-Jul-2020 10:40:45 CEST] Device is online
[6-Jul-2020 10:40:45 CEST] Updating device configuration in vManage
[6-Jul-2020 10:40:48 CEST] Pushing configuration to device.
[6-Jul-2020 10:40:53 CEST] Device failed to process request. null

I've tried deleting devices from vManage and resync-ing with no luck. 

Is there a way to get a more verbose log for the net_conf on vmanage so I can get a better idea on what is failing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Beginner

The issue was resolved. 

Resolution: be careful about values you put into the input fields when filling in the config template. There was a mistake in the values in one of the variables. vManage is doing some data validation on these config templates and it won't let you push the template in some cases, however it is not fool proof. Make sure to check the config page before pushing the template.

Tip: you can access verbose logs on the vManage vshell in the below dir and file.

vManage#vshell
vManage:~$more /var/log/nms/vmanage-server-deviceconfig-template.log

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Beginner

The issue was resolved. 

Resolution: be careful about values you put into the input fields when filling in the config template. There was a mistake in the values in one of the variables. vManage is doing some data validation on these config templates and it won't let you push the template in some cases, however it is not fool proof. Make sure to check the config page before pushing the template.

Tip: you can access verbose logs on the vManage vshell in the below dir and file.

vManage#vshell
vManage:~$more /var/log/nms/vmanage-server-deviceconfig-template.log

View solution in original post