cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Frame relay

MK31
Level 1
Level 1

What makes Frame relay suitable for Wide area networks?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you are doing a lab, maybe you can use Frame Relay to undestand concepts but now a days, it´s being abandoned as WAN Technology.

Currently WAN technologies is in deeply transformation as companies does not accept pay expenses bill anymore. With the advent of SDWAN, companies are more and more using the Internet do interconnect their buseness as SDWAN can offer secuvity and Internet links are more and more powerfull.

MPLS is very expensive and is about to die very soon as well. 

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Frame relay become history now, a new generation moving towards MPLS

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Yes what was its benefits then?

If you are doing a lab, maybe you can use Frame Relay to undestand concepts but now a days, it´s being abandoned as WAN Technology.

Currently WAN technologies is in deeply transformation as companies does not accept pay expenses bill anymore. With the advent of SDWAN, companies are more and more using the Internet do interconnect their buseness as SDWAN can offer secuvity and Internet links are more and more powerfull.

MPLS is very expensive and is about to die very soon as well. 

Yes, I am doing a lab. I am trying to understand why it was used and what
its advantages were.

For study porpuse,  I think is ok learn legacy technology as it helps understand New ones 

Technology is an evolution from prrevious versions.

Ok Thank you
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: