cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to NAT from IPv4 to IPv6 (NAT46) Network on Cisco SDWAN?

TheOrdinary1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I have been exploring option to do NAT46 (from IPv4 to IPv6 Network) on Cisco Catalyst SDWAN devices. Is this option available or only NAT64 is available?

9 Replies 9

helpcenterus
Spotlight
Spotlight

Hi @TheOrdinary1! Yes, Cisco Catalyst SDWAN devices support NAT46, allowing you to seamlessly transition from IPv4 to IPv6 networks.

@helpcenterus Thank for the response. Can you share any reference please? 

Hi,

it seems there is no support. Even qualified command reference contains only nat66/nat64.

But in CLI I found "nat64 v4v6" option, however before any test from which interfaces you want to do NAT? Inside service side or from service to internet?

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

>From Service side (v4) to WAN/Internet (v6).

there are two NAT
NAT64 and NAT46 
I share below link for NAT46
MHM

Is it dual-stack on WAN interface (both ipv4 and ipv6) or only ipv6? Do you use ipv6 to reach controllers?

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/nat/nat-book-xe-sdwan/configure-nat64.html

I've read related document and even tried using IOS XE legacy ways, it seems there is no support from IPv4 to IPv6 access. By the way, "wording" of this doc is very confusing.

HTH,

These are autonomous mode commands. In SD-WAN not all IOS XE commands/ features are supported..

HTH,