Views
Helpful
Replies

IPSLA criteria in sdwan

AbuRafay63
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

Hope you all will be fine. I want to ask that if i am setting two parameters (latency 20ms and packet drop percentage 1%) in ipsla configuration to shift traffic from on tunnel to other if any of the tunnel matches criteria. My question is these two parameters will be "AND" or "OR" meaning both parameters will be matched then traffic will shift or any of the parameter met either latency or drop, traffic will shift?? Thanks

BR:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

this is definitely "OR" logic. For example, in production or in lab environment if you simple increase latency in WAN (or simulated WAN), you will see that tunnel is not SLA compliant anymore.

HTH,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

AbuRafay63
Level 1
Level 1

keep in mind, achieving it through AAR (app aware routing). 

Hi,

this is definitely "OR" logic. For example, in production or in lab environment if you simple increase latency in WAN (or simulated WAN), you will see that tunnel is not SLA compliant anymore.

HTH,

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Thanks Kanan

alintadimitri
Level 1
Level 1

Cisco IP SLAs is a part of Cisco IOS Software that allows Cisco customers to analyze IP service levels for IP applications and services by using active traffic monitoring—the generation of traffic in a continuous, reliable, and predictable manner—for measuring network performance.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/ipsla/configuration/15-mt/sla-15-mt-book/sla_icmp_echo.html

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco