Views
Helpful
Replies

Lost Control Connection

fatalXerror
Level 5
Level 5

Hi Guys,

I am very new in cisco sdwan hope someone can help me here.

I changed the system-ip and site-id of my vedge then suddenly i noticed my vedge is unreachable in vmanage or even i tried to ping or ssh it in my local laptop.

is this the normal outcome when changing system ip or site id? If, yes what can i do to bring it up again?

thank you.

2 Replies 2

svemulap@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
System-IP, Site-ID along with Org-Name and vBond address are needed and mandatory at a minimum to bring the control connections in SDWAN environment.
Control connections will flap when you make any change to any of these. So, what you are seeing wrt to the flap, yes, it is expected.
After this, everything should be re-established and reachable (on vManage)
Typically, it is not recommended to change any of these in production environments, for the reasons mentioned above (unless it is done in a change/maintenance window)

If you are not seeing reachability on vManage after some time or so ( say < 2 to 3 min or max 5 min), then it could be a different issue.

inderdeeps
Level 4
Level 4

I think you should login via console to check the configuration again. Site id is very important based on the routing policies you defined. Check the parameters via console and think twice as a design when changing.

Regards
Inderdeep

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card