cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN 20.9 configuration template bfd issue

mazim
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone in my friends' network tested SD-WAN 20.9 and configuration groups? I'm testing version 20.9 in the lab and during deployment I get this error regarding BFD. I tried CSR1000v versions 16.12 and 17.3 and I have the same symptom. I have checked the IOS-XE cli and there is no such command available via CLI.

mazim_0-1702496793171.png

Any idea why getting this error?

Regards,
Marcin

7 Replies 7

Hi,

use Catalyst 8000V router, CSR1K has older images.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/system-interface/ios-xe-17/systems-interfaces-book-xe-sdwan/configuration-groups.html#supported-devices-for-configuration-groups

Supported Devices for Configuration Groups

This feature is supported only on Cisco IOS XE Catalyst SD-WAN devices.

Prerequisites for Configuration Groups

Minimum software version for Cisco IOS XE Catalyst SD-WAN devices: Cisco IOS XE Catalyst SD-WAN Release 17.8.1a

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

mazim
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you works fine with C8000v however now have another question. There is an option to add CLI add-on template however when trying to add any {{variable}} into the CLI add-on template the system is not asking me to provide any input and shows the template as below. In the documentation I am not able to find anything how to add variable into the CLI template for configuration groups. Is that limitation or I am doing something wrong.

mazim_0-1702549190007.png

BR,

Marcin

Do you add {{}} manual by typing? If yes, try with "Create Variable" button.

KananHuseynli_0-1702557196343.png

Otherwise, if you test with CSR1K again, do test with normal version. By the way, 20.9.x controllers support 17.3.3 + CSR version only

HTH,
Please rate and mark as an accepted solution if you have found any of the information provided useful.

Thea's the thing I do not see option to create variable in configuration group template fro CLI. When I do {{variable}} there is no way to fill that during the deployment.

Seem like there is no option to use variable at least cisco doc does not say anything about this.

mazim_0-1702560526354.png
BR,

Marcin

Understood, it is available in 20.10+ versions.

Here from my lab (20.11.1):

KananHuseynli_0-1702563217540.png

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/system-interface/ios-xe-17/systems-interfaces-book-xe-sdwan/configuration-groups.html

Below is from above link (config guide of configuration groups):

Variables and Type 6 Encryption in CLI Profile

Cisco vManage Release 20.10.1

Cisco IOS XE Catalyst SD-WAN Release 17.10.1a

After you enter or import configuration into a CLI profile, you can convert certain values to device-specific variables or encrypt strings such as passwords, using Type 6 encryption.

HTH,

I have upgraded my lab to 20.12 which is def much better and superior in terms of configuration groups.

Exactly, config groups is one of the newer features, in latest releases there are more functionalities.

HTH,