cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SD Wan Complex Topology

rays
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all, I am looking for some guidance around how practical Cisco Viptela Sd Wan is for a non blue-print WAN topologies.. (i.e.a series of P2P circuits and no local internet breakout at remote sites)

The potential topology is as follows:

2x Data Centres with DCI between them. Central Internet breakout from both data centres

A number of office locations - each with P2P links back to both Data Centres

We want the management, visibility, control and ease of segmentation that SD Wan provides. However as we do not have local internet break out at the office locations or MPLS, does this render the SD Wan solution pointless?

We would have Cisco CEdge routers at both DCs and at the offices.

How would office to office traffic route in this instance? Without SD Wan we would simply route via the data centres out to the other office. With SD Wan would we have to create tunnels between offices via the data centres?

Is this overly complex?

Anyone have experience of similar topology's?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

@confignetworks
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

SD-WAN solutions are agnostic from underlay you are using. You don't need to have local Internet breakout or Internet access to deploy a SD-WAN solution. Deployment on MPLS is possible and not complexe.

If you want to activate office to office communication and all your branches will communicate each other, you have just to configure the SD-WAN Fabric as full mesh. Cisco SD-WAN solution is simple to deploy.

So no complexity for your need.

Regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

@confignetworks
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

SD-WAN solutions are agnostic from underlay you are using. You don't need to have local Internet breakout or Internet access to deploy a SD-WAN solution. Deployment on MPLS is possible and not complexe.

If you want to activate office to office communication and all your branches will communicate each other, you have just to configure the SD-WAN Fabric as full mesh. Cisco SD-WAN solution is simple to deploy.

So no complexity for your need.

Regards,

hi thanks for your reply and apologies for the delay in responding. Thanks for the information.. I think i may have been over analysing things :-)

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card