Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN Validator 20.14 Template issue

dbillon
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I'm configuring the SD-WAN Control Components 20.14 for a lab.

I successfully created and attached a device templates with feature templates for the manager and the controller.

I created a vEdge Cloud template for the Validator (vBond). But when I try to enter its interface names (eth0 and ge0/0) in a VPN interface template, I have an error message : " Interface name should start with the suggested names in drop down only".

If a select an equivalent interface name like "GigabitEthernet0/0", I can create the template but then when I attach the template to my device, I get an error message:

[14-May-2024 18:33:43 CEST] Device failed to process request.  Error Message - /vpn/vpn-instance[vpn-id='0']/interface[if-name='GigabitEthernet0/0']/if-name: Interface GigabitEthernet0/0 name len exceeds max allowed - 16
 Error Path - 
    /rpc/edit-config/config/viptela-vpn:vpn/viptela-vpn:vpn-instance[viptela-vpn:vpn-id='0']/viptela-vpn:interface[viptela-vpn:if-name='GigabitEthernet0/0']/viptela-vpn:if-name

Am I missing something ?

Thanks, Damien.

5 Replies 5

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

i use in my same LAB -

create this template go to Templates>Feature>vEdge Cloud> VPN> VPN

Interface

Go to Configuration>Templates>Feature>vEdge Cloud>VPN>VPN Interface Ethernet.

balajibandi_0-1715705961895.png

this works for me for the vedge.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

With 20.14 (new GUI) I got:

dbillon_0-1715708897695.png

May be an issue with this release...

Looks like the Template is changed on new version - may be need to verify the documentation - may be that should be predefined to use i guess.

may be you have help on the screen GUI to guide you.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

riazgul72112
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had the same issue when doing lab on version 20.14.1. However instead of providing the interface in the template, you can provide the variable name for the interface and when you deploy the configuration on device you can provide the value it will accept it. 

Thanks, 

riazgul72112
Level 1
Level 1

In template I was not able to select (ge0/0 the underlay VPN 0 Interface), so i just named it as "vpn0-iNET-underlay-if-name"

when I attached the template and deploy it will ask you for the values against vpn0-iNET-underlay-if-name where you can put any name as you desire according to your router interface naming convention.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card