Views
Helpful
Replies

SD-WAN XE QOS

Victor_Pirvu
Level 1
Level 1

Team,

I'm using a Centralize Data Plane policy in order to take advantage of DPI based QOS classification  on the vEdge/cEdge .

Ex :

from-vsmart data-policy cEDGE_DATA_PLANE
direction all
vpn-list vpn1
sequence 1000
match
app-list cedge_voip-telephony_bus_relev
action accept
set
forwarding-class COS0

Then, I'm building a localized policy for QoS in vManage and attached that policy to a C4321 via a device template , following the  QoS config workflow from Cisco SD-WAN QoS Overview White Paper and the latest Cisco SD-WAN deployment CVD . 

In the QoS Map , I'm using for "Forwarding Class" the same names (COS0 , COS1 ,..COS7) used in the Centralize Data Plane policy .

But looking into the Cisco ISR4321 sdwan configuration , I'm not seeing anywhere  how the mapping is done between the Forwarding Classes  (COS0 , COS1 ,..COS7) and the interface queues .

The class-maps used for the policy-map are based on qos-groups:

Ex :

class-map match-any Queue0
match qos-group 0<<<<<<<<
!
class-map match-any Queue1
match qos-group 1
!
class-map match-any Queue2
match qos-group 2

policy-map cEdge_QOS_Victor_v2
class Queue0<<<<<<
priority percent 10
!
class Queue1<<<<<<
bandwidth percent 20

How is the association done between the  Forwarding Classes  (COS0 , COS1 ,..COS7)  and these qos-groups ?

Thank you,

Victor

1 Reply 1

nriv
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Victor,

From this guide it says you should map the forwarding class to the output queue. I don't see that in your config. However, when I look at my cEdge example I also do not see the specific mapping anywhere either.  Were you able to find it?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/configuration/bridging-routing-segmentation-qos/ios-xe-16/bridging-routing-segmentation-qos-book-xe/forwarding-qos.html

This is the data policy that is supposed to classify incoming traffic by mapping each forwarding class to an output queue. I don't see it on my cEdge example. 

policy
class-map
  class Queue0 queue 0
  class ef queue 0
  class Queue1 queue 1
  class Queue2 queue 2

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card