cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

SDWAN Question on Transport WAN Connections

palani2010
Level 1
Level 1

If I use two or more Transport WAN connections in a Cisco sdwan solution, application-aware routing is not used. Will it load balance across WAN connections, and how will it work?

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Thank you very much!!! 

1.Spoke 1 to spoke 2 communication happening via vsmart controller via overlay?

2. If I have two vsmart controller in a cluster, will that working as active-active  Or active-standby? 

View solution in original post

For:

> 1.Spoke 1 to spoke 2 communication happening via vsmart controller via overlay?

The way it works is: Based on the (vSmart) policy (centralized), it is sent to the edge devices, so edge
devices know, to which edge devices that they can talk to. Say spoke1 knows to which device it can talk to.
So, it will establish BFD Tunnels

> 2. If I have two vsmart controller in a cluster, will that working as active-active Or active-standby?

It is Active / Active. The idea of having additional vSmarts is for redundancy and scaling purposes.

At any given time, a given Edge device is connected to vSmart(s), based on max-control-connections (default==2) This is independent of cluster or standalone.

HTH

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Hi

Yes, it will. You can take a look in ECMP(Equal Cost Multipath)

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/routers/sd-wan/216012-why-traffic-is-not-load-balanced-over-ec.html 

Thank you very much!!! 

1.Spoke 1 to spoke 2 communication happening via vsmart controller via overlay?

2. If I have two vsmart controller in a cluster, will that working as active-active  Or active-standby? 

For:

> 1.Spoke 1 to spoke 2 communication happening via vsmart controller via overlay?

The way it works is: Based on the (vSmart) policy (centralized), it is sent to the edge devices, so edge
devices know, to which edge devices that they can talk to. Say spoke1 knows to which device it can talk to.
So, it will establish BFD Tunnels

> 2. If I have two vsmart controller in a cluster, will that working as active-active Or active-standby?

It is Active / Active. The idea of having additional vSmarts is for redundancy and scaling purposes.

At any given time, a given Edge device is connected to vSmart(s), based on max-control-connections (default==2) This is independent of cluster or standalone.

HTH

Thank you very much !!!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card