cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

TLOC missing

maverick0
Level 1
Level 1

I am new in the SD-WAN, but I am facing a issue where TLOC is missing on vManage. The scenario have 3 TLOCs (custom1, custom2 are internet link and private1 is a mpls link). I am able to see only custom1 and 2, but private 1 is missing. In the vEdge is configured correctly, I can ping using the mpls interface, but there is not control connections established. I am running the vManage 20.3.4.1. If someone here already faced this issue or have any suggestion I will appreciate.

4 Replies 4

svemulap@cisco.com
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
Hi Moraist -

This is expected. It is not an issue. Color of the TLOC plays a role in the way the underlying transport link behaves. There are Public Colors and Private Colors. Below is additional info. from the Design guide:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/solutions/CVD/SDWAN/cisco-sdwan-design-guide.html
Colors are abstractions used to identify individual WAN transports that terminate on WAN Edge devices. Colors are statically defined keywords (not free-form labels), and colors are significant because they identify an individual transport as either public or private. The colors metro-ethernet, mpls, and private1, private2, private3, private4, private5, and private6 are considered private colors. They are intended to be used for private networks or in places where you will have no NAT addressing of the transport IP endpoints. The public colors are 3g, biz-internet, blue, bronze, custom1, custom2, custom3, default, gold, green, lte, public-internet, red, and silver. They are intended to be used for public networks or in places where you will use public IP addressing of the transport IP endpoints, either natively or through NAT. Color dictates the use of either private IP or public IP address when communicating through the control or data plane.

HTH.

maverick0
Level 1
Level 1

Hi svemulap@cisco.com 

Thank you for your reply.

I understand the concept of color in the TLOC and your purpose, but I am not understanding why this specific TLOC (private1) is gone from some vEdges. There are other vEdges in the overlay fabric are working well and using the private1 color to represent the MPLS transport link.

When I go in the vManage > Network > Search for specific vEdge > WAN > TLOC, I am not able to see the TLOC private1 in the configuration, but it was there a few days ago.

In the vEdge, I have been checked the MPLS interface and the color is explicit in the configuration. The MPLS transport link is working, but I don't want to believe the color private1 is gone by itself from these vEdges.

hi Moraist - w/o looking at outputs / screen captures, it is hard to answer. Feel free to open a TAC case with Cisco.

Octavian Szolga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Maverick,

Do you have IP connectivity between that missing TLOC and controllers? (vBond/vSmart/vManage)

If you don't reach your vBond on your 2nd TLOC, that TLOC will not be advertised.

If you want that TLOC to be advertised even though it can't be used for any control connection to SD-WAN controllers, just add max-control-connection 0 parameters on that TLOC interface template.

BR,

Octavian

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card