cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Upgrading c8000 fails - installed none

sbrobak
Level 1
Level 1

I try to upgrade a c8200 from 17.4 to 17.5 by using vManage - it fails. Here are some logs from the console of the router:

%INSTALL-5-INSTALL_COMPLETED_INFO: R0/0: install_engine: Completed install add PACKAGE bootflash:c8000be-universalk9.17.05.01a.SPA.bin

%IOSXE-5-PLATFORM: R0/0: VCONFD_NOTIFIER: Install status: <..> upgrade-apply-complete. Message Installed none

%INSTALL-5-INSTALL_START_INFO: R0/0: install_engine: Started install activate none

%INSTALL-3-OPERATION_ERROR_MESSAGE: R0/0: install_engine: Failed to install_activate package none, Error: install_activate : Image none does not exist
%IOSXE-5-PLATFORM: R0/0: VCONFD_NOTIFIER: Install status: <..> install-fail. Message Failed to activate none

Anyone seen this behavior? How to recover?

1 Reply 1

Octavian Szolga
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I had the same issue with downgrading a router from 17.4.something to 17.3.3 using manual CLI commands from controller-mode (request platform...).

If I remember correctly, it had something to do with .installer folder from bootflash which could not be read.
In the end, I had to convert the router to autonomous, do the downgrade, and convert back to controler mode.

Maybe it's a known bug, but I haven't figured it out which one

BR,

Octavian

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card