cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Use cEdge as Gateway between MPLS and public internet

garrettc134
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible for the following to work? Basically I'd like to see if its possible to use a cEdge as an internet gateway for the underlay.

Topology

Internet---DMZ---cEdge-----MPLS network ----- multiple vEdges

Ideally, the internet facing cEdge interface should be in a service VPN and be used to get production VPN traffic along with underlay MPLS traffic to the DMZ.

For now, my only idea is to leak the default from the service VPN into VPN0 and advertise the default on the MPLS network but it isn't working. Any idea on how to make this work or alternate suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

What version of CSR100V are you using? I think is a version issue. I solved it by using the supported version 16.12:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/release/notes/xe-16-12/ios-xe-sd-wan-re-notes-16-12.html#id_117628 ) 

Best regards,

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

garrettc134
Level 1
Level 1

Feel like I'm close. To making this work. Any advice?

I went down the path of using a loopback for the connections and binding it to a physical interface using the below config but I get the following error with the below config.

interface GigabitEthernet1

no shutdown

ip address dhcp  i

interface Loopback0

ip address 192.168.0.1 255.255.255.255

interface Tunnel0

no shutdown

ip unnumbered Loopback0

tunnel source Loopback0

tunnel mode sdwan

sdwan

interface Loopback0

tunnel-interface

encapsulation ipsec weight 1

bind GigabitEthernet1

tunnel-interface bind': The bind interface GigabitEthernet1 must be a valid physical interface

Hello,

What version of CSR100V are you using? I think is a version issue. I solved it by using the supported version 16.12:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/routers/sdwan/release/notes/xe-16-12/ios-xe-sd-wan-re-notes-16-12.html#id_117628 ) 

Best regards,