cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What does the little arrows indicate in the simuate flows output?

muthumohan
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All,

Thanks all for responding to my questions. Really appreciate it.

I have this strange question, where I could not find any documentation on this.

On vManage, when you do troubleshooting under simulate flows, the output shows the possible paths for the flow, with little arrows. Please see attached screenshot.

What does these arrows indicate? For example, does the first set of arrows in the screenshot indicate that the traffic is exiting via mpls TLOC and arriving via gold TLOC on "this" router? Or does it mean, the traffic is exiting via mpls on this router and arrives via gold on the remote router?

In other words, the top and bottom arrows indicate with respect to this router where the test is performed? Or the top arrow indicate the exit TLOC on this router and bottom arrow indicate the arrival TLOC on the remote router?

I hope you understand my confusion here. Appreciate any help.

Thanks.

2 Replies 2

Hi

Intuitively this reprents the flow but in a broader view, this link does a good job explaining this.

https://layer3life.wordpress.com/category/1-cisco-network/page/6/ 

muthumohan
Level 1
Level 1

Thank you very much.

I did a little test myself and conclude as below:

Top arrow        -----> mpls is my local TLOC on this router where I am doing the simulation. Traffic is exiting via MPLS on my side

Bottom arrow <-----  gold  is the remote TLOC from where the return traffic is coming. Traffic is exiting via GOLD on remote side.

Make sense?