cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

What is the minimum bandwidth for CC SDWAN?

bonatti
Level 1
Level 1

I have a customer with IoT implemented and some sites has a very little bandwidth MPLS circuits, around 128k, what is the minimum bandwidth required to implement SDWan on this customer?

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

jgardner150
Level 4
Level 4

I do not know the absolute minimum, but I will say it's basically an IPsec overhead question. Will it run? probably... but were talking about 128Kb/s

Is there a reason you want to add SDWAN to these slow links? Are there future plans to add more (potentially faster less cost) connections? Without the additional connections I'm not sure SDWAN brings much value for this setup.

Hi jgardner150, thanks for your reply.

For now I believe visibility is the only value to keep SDWan on these sites. There is no specific reason, it is only to be part of the same network. There is no growth in the plans.

I got from a document "Server Hardware Recommendations" the bandwidth for communications of each server with vEdges, according with vEdges quantity, if I look on it and consider the bandwidth used for each vEdge, with a sum of vBong, vSmart and Vmanage, I got an average of 150kbps, so I believe that if vEdge has a circuit with less than it can have issues to work, makes sense?

Make sure you tune the BFD probes wayyyy down to conserve bandwidth. 

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card