Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise - Virtual Edition on B200 M5 UCS5108

Muhammad Awais Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Experts,

I want to utilize existing hardware for Stealthwatch Enterprise deployment. We have UCS 5108 with B200 M5 Servers. I am following below link for the Virtual Server sizing:

https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/security/stealthwatch/management_console/virtual/installation/guide/SW_6_10_1_SMC_VE_and_Flow_Collector_VE_Installation_and_Configuration_Guide_DV_2_1.pdf

We can acheive the minimum requirements for one "SMC VE" and one "FCVE" but not sure it can with with UCS 5108 chassis where we have fabric interconnects.

3 Replies 3

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

As long as you meet the VM requirement and IP has reachability you can install and configure.

FI intern connects to Nexus 5K or your esxi has vSwitch or dVS for switching.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Thanks for your reply! FI connects to esxi having dVS for switching. This is supported officially by TAC right ? 

As far i know, there is no other method can VM interact with another part of the network without using dSwitch.

So this design still Valid..and the requirement itself provided in the document support VMware.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: