cancel
Views
Helpful
Comments
diddly
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Question

I followed these instructions and setup all my accounts to use SecureX sign-on, including my AMP account (my Cisco Security Account - CSA). When I use SecureX, and I click on the AMP "launch" button, I have to login again. Why?

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 1.11.08 PM.png --->  Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 1.13.47 PM.png

Answer

The answer depends on how you signed into SecureX. To start, remember that CSA is the identity provider (IdP) for AMP, Cisco Threat Response (CTR), Orbital, and optionally for Threat Grid. CSA can be configured to delegate authentication to SecureX sign-on.

1. I signed into SecureX using SecureX sign-on

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 1.19.03 PM.png

In this case, you have a SecureX sign-on browser session, but you don't yet have a CSA session. You need to initiate a CSA session by choosing "Single sign-on" and clicking through to join your SecureX sign-on session.

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 1.13.47 PM.png

2. I signed into SecureX using CSA:

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 1.19.24 PM.png

In this case, you should have a CSA session when you click the AMP launch button, and be connected directly to your configured AMP tenant. Remember, it is connected to your specific tenant, whether North America, EU, or APJ

Comments
GothicPorpoise
Level 1
Level 1

@diddly wrote:

Question

I followed these instructions and setup all my accounts to use SecureX sign-on, including my AMP account (my Cisco Security Account - CSA). When I use SecureX, and I click on the AMP "launch" button, I have to login again. Why?

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 1.11.08 PM.png --->  Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 1.13.47 PM.png

Answer

The answer depends on how you signed into SecureX. To start, remember that CSA is Myindigocard the identity provider (IdP) for AMP, Cisco Threat Response (CTR), Orbital, and optionally for Threat Grid. CSA can be configured to delegate authentication to SecureX sign-on.

1. I signed into SecureX using SecureX sign-on

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 1.19.03 PM.png

In this case, you have a SecureX sign-on browser session, but you don't yet have a CSA session. You need to initiate a CSA session by choosing "Single sign-on" and clicking through to join your SecureX sign-on session.

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 1.13.47 PM.png

2. I signed into SecureX using CSA:

Screen Shot 2020-07-07 at 1.19.24 PM.png

In this case, you should have a CSA session when you click the AMP launch button, and be connected directly to your configured AMP tenant. Remember, it is connected to your specific tenant, whether North America, EU, or APJTheDailyGrind

Very helpful and informative. Thank for sharing this post.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: