Views
Helpful
Replies

FabricPath - 3 DCs in a ring

torro-2185
Level 1
Level 1

Hi
I'm working with a customer that has a Dual DC setup with 2 x Nexus 5600's in each DC in a vPC setup. These switches connects the two DCs together with 4 x 10G using FabricPath. 

The customer will leave one of the DCs and during the migration the new DC will be connected to the two existing DCs in a triangle with 4 x 10G to DC1 and  4 x 10G to DC2. So this will be a three DC setup using FabricPath. These switches are L2 only. Routing takes place in routers and FW's.

From what I have read so far I haven't found anything that needs to be taking into consideration like setting specific parameters etc... 
Is there something I should consider doing a setup like this using FabricPath? 

Thanks,

1 Reply 1

torro-2185
Level 1
Level 1

Hi again
I will add some more meat to the bones. The attached drawing shows the existing two DCs. The secondary will replace by the "New DC". During migration the three DCs will be connected in a ring. Shown in the diagram I have added the three VPC setups. Each VPC domain ID, Fabric path switch IDs, fabric path ESID. I also added the fabric path root priority values. Highest for the primary DC, second highest for the secondary DC and the lowest values for the new DC.

So my question is really if this is the way to do it or doesn't it really matter and the default values can be used instead due to it doesn't really matter in a setup like this? I don't have access to the configuration information yet so that's why the theoretical level of details. 

Br