cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

HP and Cisco

visitor68
Level 4
Level 4

We have a client with a Nexus 5000 at the ToR. They want to start migrating to a blade server environment for their new cloud infrastructure.

How does an HP blade server move FCoE traffic from a server CNA to the ToR? I need a definitive answer.

I posted this question on HPs forums, but they are horrifically slow.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

ok I see.

If the goal is to leverage the CNAs you have solutions :

1 - use passthrough modules in the c7000 and send all the wires to a Nexus 2232 at the top of the rack.

2 - use HP FlexFabric modules, it's some kind of "internal" FCoE and the module splits the I/O at the chassis level, on one side in Ethernet, and the other in FC

3 - there are rumours about a Nexus 4000 for HP coming soon. But it's only rumours.

Technically the only one that currently put FCoE at the top of the rack is the first one.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Surya ARBY
Level 4
Level 4

What are the I/O modules embedded in your c7000 ? pass-through ?

Surya, thats just my point. ..I dont know what options are available from HP with regard to Blade I/O that supports FCoE. The client hasnt purchased anything yet...they want to know how HP moves FCoE traffic from a CNA to the top of rack...what are the options???

Thanks

ok I see.

If the goal is to leverage the CNAs you have solutions :

1 - use passthrough modules in the c7000 and send all the wires to a Nexus 2232 at the top of the rack.

2 - use HP FlexFabric modules, it's some kind of "internal" FCoE and the module splits the I/O at the chassis level, on one side in Ethernet, and the other in FC

3 - there are rumours about a Nexus 4000 for HP coming soon. But it's only rumours.

Technically the only one that currently put FCoE at the top of the rack is the first one.

Thanks, Surya...that clarifies things for me...

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card