cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Installation of Nexus 1000v 5.2.1 - registration of plug-in - option greyed out in vsphere client

Hi All. I'm attempting to set up the Nexus 1000v switch, version 5.2.1.SV3.1.3.

I've installed the VSM and VEM components.

I cannot upload the new plug-in via the vsphere native client - the option is greyed-out, as per attachment.

I have two esxi hosts being managed by a vCenter server, which would suggest the reason behind this issue.

How on earth do I register the plug-in?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Chris.

3 Replies 3

Steve Fuller
Level 9
Level 9

Hi Chris,

According to vCenter Plug-in section within the Cisco Nexus 1000V Troubleshooting Guide you can no longer use the old vSphere client, but instead have to use the vSphere Web Client.

Starting with Cisco NX-OS Release 4.2(1)SV2(1.1), the vCenter Plug-in is supported on the vSphere Web Clients only.

Regards

Thanks for your reply, Steve.

I'm relatively new to VMWare. I have two v5.5 esxi hosts and a vCenter host to which I connect via the vsphere web client, however I cannot seem to find the area where you install and/or manage plug-ins?

Do I need to connect to the esxi hosts directly, using the vsphere web client, or is there a place within vCenter, where I can install/manage the plug-ins?

It's not exactly straight forward, at least to me.

Thanks again.

OK. I've managed to use the vSphere client to attach to the vCenter host and then I can install the plug-in - too bad it doesn't work either. I'll log a new question.

Cheers.