cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify vNIC in Service profile

rpatel1120
Level 1
Level 1

We have a UCS B with service profile and I would like to add additonal VLAN to the existing vNIC/Service profile, How do I do that?

This is a ESX server and it was changed in the VM TAB and service profile template. Also, I think unbinding the vNIC will allow me to change that I am not sure if that will cause an connectivity issues or not.

2 Replies 2

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Are you using Dynamic VNICs (aka VN-Link in Hardware)?

If not, you can simply select the vNIC in the Service Profile/vNIC template/Service Profile Template and click "Modify VLANs".  This is a vNIC specific task, so if you want to add the VLAN to mulitple vNICs you need to do each one (unless you have a single template bound to your ESX service profile.

Adding a VLAN is a non-disruptive task.

Attached is a pic of Modifying an existing service profile vNIC to add additional VLANs to is. If you're using vNIC templates, you modify the bound vNIC template under the LAN tab.

Regards,

Robert

I am nit using dynamic vnic. I found the vNIC template under the VM tab and that's been updated as well as the service profile template but that has not made a different.

I have tried clicking on vNIC and modify but I don't get the option you are showing since it's part of the template.

Rakesh Patel

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card