Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitoring Traffic on CSM

edwin.sanjoto
Level 1
Level 1

Guys,

I have trouble (slow connection) on my servers behinds CSM. The SVI is on FWSM.

I want to see all the traffic on my servers which is located behind CSM during one day, so I will know what is the root cause of the servers slow connection.

The problem is how can I monitor the traffic in the CSM historically?

I think netflow can't handle it because netflow only knows the real IP (physical IP) of the server, and netflow can't mapping from Real IP to Virtual IP.

Thank for your help.

Regards,

Edwin

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

kitanaka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edwin,

To understand what is going on the connections through CSM, it is important to see server side sniffer data and client side sniffer data

from the standpoint of CSM. If you have NAM installed in the Cat6k, you can SPAN port-channel of CSM. In that case traffic are

captured with dot1q tag that makes troubleshooting easy. Without NAM, port SPAN or vlan SPAN of server side and client side are still useful.

There is no historical data with which you can troubleshoot client & server connectivity / performance issue through CSM.

Regards,

Kimihito.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

kitanaka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Edwin,

To understand what is going on the connections through CSM, it is important to see server side sniffer data and client side sniffer data

from the standpoint of CSM. If you have NAM installed in the Cat6k, you can SPAN port-channel of CSM. In that case traffic are

captured with dot1q tag that makes troubleshooting easy. Without NAM, port SPAN or vlan SPAN of server side and client side are still useful.

There is no historical data with which you can troubleshoot client & server connectivity / performance issue through CSM.

Regards,

Kimihito.

Thank you Kitanaka